So much of “winning” criminal cases comes down to client satisfaction in the results. Attorney Charles Mesirow has a track record of nearly four decades in getting it done. Whether it is through successful trial or by way of aggressively negotiating a settlement whereby the client’s criminal exposure is diminished, he is dedicated at working tirelessly for his clients.
Attorney Charles Mesirow has the track record of successful results, having tried over 100 jury trials and several hundred court trials involving felonies and misdemeanors in his near 40 years as a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist.
Attorney Charles Mesirow has also handled and resolved over 7,000 cases during his career many of which resulted in a dismissal, straight probationary sentence and no incarceration, or in a reduction to a lesser misdemeanor instead of a charged felony.
The following is a random sampling of the types of results that Attorney Charles Mesirow’s nearly 40 years of experience, dedication and aggressive representation of all of his clients routinely produces:
- In a recent securities fraud trial, the jury acquitted the client of all charges;
- In a case involving an attorney charged with insurance fraud and conspiracy, the jury acquitted the client of all charges;
- In a case involving the nighttime burglary of a closed business, Attorney Charles Mesirow was able to successfully raise the defense of intoxication resulting in an acquittal;
- In a case where the client was charged with the felony stabbing of a fellow employee, the charges were reduced to simple misdemeanor battery on the day of trial;
- In a case involving the embezzlement of $750,000, Attorney Charles Mesirow was able to negotiate a settlement whereby the client was kept out of prison and was allowed to serve his sentence on house arrest;
- In a case where the client was being investigated for sexual battery on another employee, Attorney Charles Mesirow was able to convince the prosecution that the act was consensual and no charges were filed;
- In a case involving domestic violence, Attorney Mesirow was able to convince the DA of self defense, and charges were dropped;
- In a case involving hit and run, the jury was convinced by Attorney Charles Mesirow to return a not guilty verdict;
- In a case involving drunk driving, the charges were dismissed after a hearing on pretrial motions concerning the lawfulness of police tactics involved;
- In a juvenile case involving rape, kidnap and robbery, the court dismissed all counts against the client;
- In a case involving a local police officer, charges of driving under the influence were dismissed during pre-trial hearings where the legality of other police tactics were called into question;
- In a case involving felony sexual child molestation, the prosecution was later convinced that the client did not reasonably know that the victim was under the age of 18 and the acts were consensual. The matter was reduced to a misdemeanor with no incarceration and avoidance of California’s lifelong sex offender registration requirements;
- In a matter involving petty theft, Attorney Charles Mesirow was able to obtain a Civil Compromise from the victim and charges were dismissed;
- In a prostitution case, charges were dismissed when the prosecution was persuaded that the client was a legitimate message therapist and was unaware of what others were doing who worked at the same location;
- In a matter involving the use of the internet to attempt to sexually molest a minor, charges were dropped after the prosecution was made aware that the alleged victim lied about her age;
- In a case involving felony sales of drugs to undercover police, the matter was reduced to drug diversion and subsequently dismissed; and In a gang murder case, Attorney Charles Mesirow was able to have the case reduced to a felony assault with credit for time served, thereby avoiding a life sentence for his client.
Attorney Charles Mesirow’s exemplary record on an every day basis resulting in and client satisfaction is based on his unwavering and passionate commitment to his client’s cause and the Criminal Justice system. His aggressive and dedicated representation is never compromised no matter what the charges or who the client.